INDONESIA'S EQUAL FUTURES PARTNERSHIP COMMITMENTS
- Published law on General Election (Law No. 8 of 2012) to ensure mandatory quota for political parties to include 30% women among their executive boards in central and regional levels and among their proposed candidates of legislator.
- Signed a Memorandum of Understanding to further support the efforts of the government increasing women participation in legislative election, presidential election, as well as the election for governor, regent and mayor candidacy.
- Launched a national strategy on gender mainstreaming to be achieved through the implementation of gender responsive planning and budgeting in various government ministries and institutions. To date, 28 government agencies and several provinces have applied this system.
- Drafting guidelines for the implementation of gender mainstreaming in order to increase the representation of women in decision-making positions in the executive branch. In addition, the concept is being developed to include curriculum on women's empowerment, gender equality and child protection in educational materials and structural leadership training for civil servants.
- Improving and revising related national legislations, particularly Law No 39/2004 on the Placement and Protection of Indonesian Migrant Workers. The Government continues to enhance its institutional framework by improving inter-agency coordination and policy implementation, bilateral and regional arrangements, as well as establishing protection mechanisms or Citizen Service at the Indonesian Missions abroad.
- Integrating requirement for bureaucrats to have capacity in system management of gender into the revision of Law No. 32 of 2004 on Sub-national Government (Provincial and District Levels). Revised law has included the need of capacity on gender management system by 2014.
- Rewarding the gender-responsive media which consistently disseminating positive news on women in Indonesia with potential uniqueness for self-developing in contributing to nation development.
- Cooperating with private sector for economic-capacity building, training programmes on ICT for women as well as on financial literacy.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Institutionalising evaluation instruments and strengthening monitoring and evaluation systems of the implementation of on women empowerment and child protection at national and sub-national levels.